So… I could not be more excited right now! It’s one thing to have the people that love you (and are there for obligated to say nice things) tell you they love your writing, it’s another entirely to have a fellow blogger, especially one as amazing as Lulufille, think you deserve recognition.
A huge thank-you goes out to Lulufille for the nomination along with a recommendation to check out her awesome blog. Seriously. Her views on the fallout of a broken upbringing are stunningly honest and gorgeously well written. Her posts somehow manage to inject a touch of hope and humour into an otherwise difficult subject matter in a way that makes it an addictive read. I urge you all to click the link and browse a while, if you’re anything like me you’ll be hooked.
Rules for accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Thank you to the amazing blogger who nominated you, with a link back to their blog (above).
List the rules and display the award on your blog (here).
Share seven facts about yourself (below).
Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated (below).
Seven Facts About Me:
- I collect novelty teapots, tertiary qualifications and books. I have all the books I’ve ever read and I hoard them compulsively. I once used half my kitchen cupboards as extra bookshelves.
- I have Dissociative Schizophrenia and I choose to live unmedicated. I’ve never responded well to any of the meds and I’d rather spend my life on an emotional roller coaster than as a zombie. Lesser of two evils and such.
- I overthink everything. Absolutely everything, all of the time. It’s exhausting. I am also sometimes terrified of my own intellect, I feel like my potential is mad at me for failing to live up to it
- I am a recovering heroin addict. I’ve been clean for 3 years now but I still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night craving so badly I can’t do anything but curl up in the foetal position and try not to cry. I’m told it gets easier, I’m still waiting.
- I would very much like to be funnier, or funny at all really.
- I am the eternal plant killer, there are more dead pot plants in my past than I’m entirely comfortable with. It’s safer for everyone if I keep my contact with gardening strictly limited to the admiration of other’s skills.
- I would one day like to make Martha Stewart seethe with envy in the face of my baking, organisational and homemaking skills. I accept that there’s virtually no chance of this happening but it’s nice to dream.
And now, here are my own nominations…
These bloggers are fabulously talented and you should click each and every link!
Young and Twenty – A twenty-three year old girl, writing about the struggles of my love life, self-discovery and bottomless mind.
The Slow Heal – Working towards a more peaceful existence as I leave behind the memories of my abuse.
The Flannel Files – Butch, it’s not just for breakfast anymore.
Gutsy Girl Wellness – A blog dedicated to wellness and adventure for women.
Adventures Of The Soul – One’s written word on the intricacies of life.
Fragile & Strong – Poems; my soul in words.
Books & Bark – The thoughts of a dog and book lover.
The Shameless Wanderer – The Musings Of My Mind.
Coffee With Noor – The journal of a 22 year old writer.
Whimsy Dreams – Arts & crafts, DIY & family life.
ElevenFifty9 – One Poem Per Day, Come What May, Until the 365th Day
In All My Dyke Ability – Musings of an Australian Dyke
Writer.Reader.Thinker.Dreamer – Bleed Ink. Write Raw.
Eliza Worner – Author. Writer. Dreamer.
Twilight To Sunset – Writings of life, spirituality and one woman’s thoughts on her place in the universe. This is actually my mum’s blog, she’s not regularly active but she’s been an inspiration to me for much of my life (definitely the adult part) and totally deserves the Very Inspiring part of the award.