I’ve been posting pretty infrequently the last few months, to the point where I’m sure some of you wondered if this blog had been abandoned. It hasn’t, however I have found it difficult to update of late.
I always assumed that such a huge slump in my posting would be due to me reaching a point where I had nothing to say. In reality it’s quite the opposite. I’ve had a tidal wave of hellish events come crashing down and I have so much that I want to scream that it all seems to have created a choke point, a violent, tangled mess that has all of my words piling up on the back of my tongue and paralyses my fingers above my keyboard. A deafening roar of white noise drowning my focus and my creativity until I’d rather hide under my desk than sit down to write.
Continue reading “I’ll Tell Myself That It’s Okay & This Time I’ll Believe It…” – Says The Pretender To The Mirror
So… I could not be more excited right now! It’s one thing to have the people that love you (and are there for obligated to say nice things) tell you they love your writing, it’s another entirely to have a fellow blogger, especially one as amazing as Lulufille, think you deserve recognition.
A huge thank-you goes out to Lulufille for the nomination along with a recommendation to check out her awesome blog. Seriously. Her views on the fallout of a broken upbringing are stunningly honest and gorgeously well written. Her posts somehow manage to inject a touch of hope and humour into an otherwise difficult subject matter in a way that makes it an addictive read. I urge you all to click the link and browse a while, if you’re anything like me you’ll be hooked.
Rules for accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Thank you to the amazing blogger who nominated you, with a link back to their blog (above).
List the rules and display the award on your blog (here).
Share seven facts about yourself (below).
Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated (below).
Seven Facts About Me:
- I collect novelty teapots, tertiary qualifications and books. I have all the books I’ve ever read and I hoard them compulsively. I once used half my kitchen cupboards as extra bookshelves.
- I have Dissociative Schizophrenia and I choose to live unmedicated. I’ve never responded well to any of the meds and I’d rather spend my life on an emotional roller coaster than as a zombie. Lesser of two evils and such.
- I overthink everything. Absolutely everything, all of the time. It’s exhausting. I am also sometimes terrified of my own intellect, I feel like my potential is mad at me for failing to live up to it
- I am a recovering heroin addict. I’ve been clean for 3 years now but I still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night craving so badly I can’t do anything but curl up in the foetal position and try not to cry. I’m told it gets easier, I’m still waiting.
- I would very much like to be funnier, or funny at all really.
- I am the eternal plant killer, there are more dead pot plants in my past than I’m entirely comfortable with. It’s safer for everyone if I keep my contact with gardening strictly limited to the admiration of other’s skills.
- I would one day like to make Martha Stewart seethe with envy in the face of my baking, organisational and homemaking skills. I accept that there’s virtually no chance of this happening but it’s nice to dream.
And now, here are my own nominations…
These bloggers are fabulously talented and you should click each and every link!
Continue reading The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
This often feels like the most offensive question I’ve ever been asked and the most offensive part of the question is that it’s socially inappropriate for me to be offended, for me to be anything other than grateful for their well-meaning but ultimately useless and often condescending advice.
“Why don’t you just get up and do something fun?”
“Why don’t you just go do something productive?”
“Why don’t you just stop being depressed?”
Yeah, why don’t I? It’s so simple, why didn’t I think of that? Oh wait, that’s right, because it doesn’t work like that.
Continue reading “So Why Don’t You Just..?” – Said The Ignorant To The Broken